VIRTUAL CINEMA OFFERING
OPENS FRIDAY, JUNE 5
Next up in our virtual cinema program is a series called MAGNOLIA PICTURES: A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE DOCS. Four films, each opening on a Friday, with a live Q&A the following Wednesday. 10% of ticket sales will be donated to a charity of the filmmakers’ choice.
- The Q&A’s will begin at 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT each week. They’ll be accessed directly through the page where you rent the film.
- The Q&A’s will be archived for viewers who can’t tune in live.
- Questions will be solicited by you in advance (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Help support the Lincoln Theatre through this unique partnership with Magnolia Pictures!
Chronicling the extraordinary rise of one of the most colorful and controversial religious movements in American history, Hail Satan? is an inspiring and entertaining new feature documentary from acclaimed director Penny Lane (Nuts!, Our Nixon). When media-savvy members of the Satanic Temple organize a series of public actions designed to advocate for religious freedom and challenge corrupt authority, they prove that with little more than a clever idea, a mischievous sense of humor, and a few rebellious friends, you can speak truth to power in some truly profound ways. As charming and funny as it is thought-provoking, Hail Satan? offers a timely look at a group of often misunderstood outsiders whose unwavering commitment to social and political justice has empowered thousands of people around the world.
"Hail Satan? challenges preconceived notions of its subject with a smart, witty, and overall entertaining dispatch from the front lines of the fight for social justice" - Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes
A film by PENNY LANE
English | 2019 | Documentary | 95 minutes | R
$5 for a 72 hour rental period.
With each screening of Hail Satan? purchased, the Lincoln Theatre will receive 50% of the ticket price and the distributors and filmmakers receive the other 50% after a 10% donation to GiveDirectly’s COVID relief fund)). Thank you for supporting the Lincoln!.
Here’s the full line-up for the Q&A's:
5/15 – RBG (Q&A on 5/20 with directors Betsy West and Julie Cohen, moderated by Melena Ryzik from the New York Times. Charity:NYU Langone’s food pantry, The Table)
5/22 – LIFE ITSELF (Q&A on 5/27 with Chaz Ebert in conversation with director Steve James. Charity: Cinema Worker Solidarity Fund)
5/29 – BLACKFISH (Q&A on 6/3 with director Gabriela Cowperthwaite. Charity: GiveDirectly’s COVID relief fund)
6/5 – HAIL SATAN? (Q&A on 6/10 with director Penny Lane in conversation with Lucien Greaves, head of The Satanic Temple. Charity:GiveDirectly’s COVID relief fund)
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (via the downloaded APPLE TV app or GOOGLE CHROMECAST) MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the link below).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the button above, or follow THIS LINK to purchase entry to our digital screening room for Hail Satan? for only $5 on Magnolia's secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of the Lincoln Theatre.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase.
- Watch as much as you like for 72 hours!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reference these links and reach out directly Magnolia here.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com