QUARANTINE CINEMA OFFERING
AVAILABLE STARTING OCTOBER 2
Based on the best-selling novel by Bonnie Jo Campbell, Once Upon A River is the story of Native American teenager Margo Crane in 1970s rural Michigan. After enduring a series of traumas and tragedies, Margo (newcomer Kenadi DelaCerna) sets out on an odyssey on the Stark River in search of her estranged mother. On the water, Margo encounters friends, foes, wonders, and dangers; navigating life on her own, she comes to understand her potential, all while healing the wounds of her past. Written and directed by Haroula Rose, this midwestern gothic Americana story is, in the words of Jane Smiley for The New York Times, “an excellent American parable about the consequences of our favorite ideal, freedom.”
"A far as coming-of-age stories go, Once Upon a River is a very sweet story. There's not a lot of fluff, but there is a lot of heart in a story based on a novel and feels in a way like a novel." - Alan Ng, Film Threat
Director: Haroula Rose
USA | English | 2020 | Drama | 90 minutes | NR
Virtual Tickets: $12.00 for a 72-hour rental. 50% of the proceeds support the Lincoln Theatre!
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (via APPLE TV, ROKU, CHROMECAST, or downloaded app on your smart TV) | MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the streaming link).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the BUY TICKETS button above to purchase entry to our digital screening room.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase.
- For general help go to our Streaming Information Page HERE.
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, reach out directly streaming platform HERE.
- For other questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com