VIRTUAL CINEMA OFFERING
OPENS FRIDAY, AUGUST 14
Help support the Lincoln Theatre through this unique partnership with Kino Marquee!
Filmed at the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival in Rhode Island and directed by world-renowned photographer, Bert Stern. JAZZ ON A SUMMER'S DAY features intimate performances by an all-star line-up of musical legends including Louis Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, Gerry Mulligan, Anita O'Day, Chuck Berry, Dinah Washington, and closes with a beautiful rendition of "The Lord's Prayer" by Mahalia Jackson at midnight to usher in Sunday morning.
The 1959 classic is considered one of the most extraordinary and possibly the first concert film ever made. Its sparkling new 4K restoration by IndieCollect, recently premiered at the 57th New York Film Festival. The film was named to the National Film Registry in 1999, and its restoration was funded by the National Film Preservation Board of the Library of Congress in time to celebrate the film's 60th Anniversary.
"Gorgeous. It's probably the best feature-length jazz concert movie ever made." - Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
Directed by Bert Stern
USA | English | 1959 | Drama | 85 minutes | NR
50% of your ticket purchase directly supports the Lincoln Theatre, while the remainder support independent filmmaking & distribution.
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (via the the downloaded APPLE TV or ANDROID app, or CHROMECAST) MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the link below).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the button above, or follow THIS LINK to purchase entry to our digital screening room.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase, you can also gift a screening to a friend of family member.
- Watch all three films as much as you like for 10 days!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, Kino Marquee can help you HERE.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org