QUARANTINE CINEMA OFFERING
OPENING JUNE 12
Help support the Lincoln Theatre through this unique partnership with Film Movement!
Newly restored from the last surviving 35mm prints, MR. TOPAZE is the lone directorial effort from comedy icon Peter Sellers.
Unwilling to sacrifice his principles, Auguste Topaze (Peter Sellers), a poor but proud French schoolmaster, loses his job after he refuses to alter the failing grades of one of students. Seizing the opportunity to exploit his well-known honesty, actress Suzy Courtois (Nadia Gray) convinces her lover, the corrupt city council member Castel Benac (Herbert Lom), to hire Topaze as a managing director for one of his shady businesses. But when Topaze learns he is being used, he cunningly turns the tables on Benac and makes off with all the money.Seller’s first and only credited directorial feature, MR. TOPAZE displays the British comic genius at the peak of his powers alongside his future Pink Panther nemesis Herbert Lom and a stellar supporting cast that includes Nadia Gray, Leo McKern, Billie Whitelaw and Michael Gough. Long considered a “lost” classic, MR. TOPAZE was digitally restored from the lone surviving 35mm prints in the BFI National Archive at the request of the British public.
"Truly shines... Sellers imbues it all with a sense of fun that is right up there with his finest work of the period." - The Irish Times
United Kingdom | 1961 | Comedy | 97 minutes | NR contains breif sex scenes and violence
$12 for a 72 hour rental period.
With each screening of Mr. Topaze purchased, the Lincoln Theatre will receive 50% of the ticket price and the distributors and filmmakers receive the other 50%. Thank you for supporting the Lincoln!.
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (using Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast) | MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the link below).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the button above, or follow THIS LINK to purchase entry to our digital screening for only $12 on Film Movement's secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of the Lincoln Theatre.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase.
- Watch as much as you like for 72 hours!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reference these links and reach out directly Film Movement here.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org