VIRTUAL CINEMA OFFERING
OPENS FRIDAY, MAY 15
Next up in our virtual cinema program is a series called MAGNOLIA PICTURES: A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE DOCS. Four films, each opening on a Friday, with a live Q&A the following Wednesday. 10% of ticket sales will be donated to a charity of the filmmakers’ choice.
- The Q&A’s will begin at 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT each week. They’ll be accessed directly through the page where you rent the film.
- The Q&A’s will be archived for viewers who can’t tune in live.
- Questions will be solicited by you in advance (via email: email@example.com)
Help support the Lincoln Theatre through this unique partnership with Magnolia Pictures!
At the age of 85, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a lengthy legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon. But the unique personal journey of her rise to the nation's highest court has been largely unknown, even to some of her biggest fans – until now. RBG explores Ginsburg's life and career.
"RBG might be preaching to the choir of viewers who admire Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, but it does so effectively." Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes
A film by Betsy West and Julie Cohen
English | 2018 | Documentary | 97 minutes | NR
$5 for a 5-Day rental period.
With each screening of RBG purchased, the Lincoln Theatre will receive 50% of the ticket price and the distributors and filmmakers receive the other 50% after a 10% donation to NYU Langone’s food pantry, The Table). Thank you for supporting the Lincoln!.
Here’s the full line-up:
5/15 – RBG (Q&A on 5/20 with directors Betsy West and Julie Cohen, moderated by Melena Ryzik from the New York Times. Charity:NYU Langone’s food pantry, The Table)
5/22 – LIFE ITSELF (Q&A on 5/27 with Chaz Ebert in conversation with director Steve James. Charity: Cinema Worker Solidarity Fund)
5/29 – BLACKFISH (Q&A on 6/3 with director Gabriela Cowperthwaite. Charity: GiveDirectly’s COVID relief fund)
6/5 – HAIL SATAN? (Q&A on 6/10 with director Penny Lane in conversation with Lucien Greaves, head of The Satanic Temple. Charity:GiveDirectly’s COVID relief fund)
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (via the downloaded APPLE TV app or GOOGLE CHROMECAST) MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the link below).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the button above, or follow THIS LINK to purchase entry to our digital screening room for RBG for only $5 on Magnolia's secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of the Lincoln Theatre.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase.
- Watch as much as you like for 72 hours!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reference these links and reach out directly Magnolia here.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org