QUARANTINE CINEMA OFFERING
AVAILABLE STARTING JUNE 19
A refugee marathoner sets out to be South Sudan’s first Olympian against all odds.
When he was only eight, Guor Mading Maker (known as Guor Marial) ran from capture in war-torn Sudan to eventually seek safety in the US. In his new life, Maker began running again, participating in high school track and field and eventually becoming a sensation and qualifying for the 2012 Olympics. But because the newly formed South Sudan was not recognized by the International Olympic Committee, Maker had to fight to compete independently, refusing to run for Sudan and taking a stand against its oppression.
Runner depicts Maker’s difficult and triumphant journey from refugee to world-renowned athlete, told in intimate interviews with gorgeously animated flashbacks of Guor’s upbringing and culminating in a heart-wrenching reunion with his parents after a 20-year separation. His story is a distinctly inspirational one in which the indomitable human spirit emerges against all odds.
Director: Bill Gallagher
US | In English | 2020 | Documentary | 88 minutes | NR
Saturday June 20th 9pm US Eastern (World Refugee Day).
When people purchase a ticket they will receive the link to join the Q&A
50% of your ticket purchase directly supports the Lincoln Theatre, while the remainder support independent filmmaking & distribution.
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (via the the downloaded APPLE TV or ANDROID app, or CHROMECAST) MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the link below).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the button above, or follow THIS LINK to purchase entry to our digital screening room.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase, you can also gift a screening to a friend of family member.
- Watch as much as you like for 72 hours!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, VHX can help you here.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com