Hello Lincoln Theatre Members and Friends,
COVID-19 Update 5/5/2021
Time flies even when you are NOT having fun! It's hard to believe we have been shuttered for over 13 months now. With the extraordinary support of our donors, financial reserves, and a PPP loan/grant, we were able to keep our staff fully employed through the end of 2020. During COVID we opened our Popcorn Pop Up, began streaming Films and Live Concerts, and increased grant writing efforts and financial support requests to allow us to remain staffed even though we are closed to the public. They have worked (and volunteered) tirelessly these past 13 months to keep the theatre they love running smoothly. During this time, we began renovations to the theatre's auditorium, as well as our lobby and administration office, to improve safety for our guests. Our submission to the SWEDED FILM FESTIVAL OF CREATIVE RE-CREATIONS took 3rd Place Nationally and we ust one People Choice Award and a Judges Award for our SPRING INTO SKAGIT VALLEY Window Display. Like many institutions, even with the passing of the new CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2021, we reached a point at the end of 2020 in which we had to reduce expenses and conserve resources in an effort to ensure the long-term financial stability of our historic theatre, and our ability to return to serving this great community, in full, once this crisis allows us to. Half of our staff were put on furlough on January 1, 2021, but with the new quidelines from the Governor's office allowing for reduced capactiy film screenings they are back! We hope to see you all back as soon as possible. Our Box Office is now open from noon to 5:00pm Weekdays for a daily Popcorn Pop Up.
Two steps forward - one step back. Changes coming with the Governor's new "Healthy Washington: Roadmap to Recovery" plan have us in Phase 3 as on 3/22/2021 allowing us to reopen at 50% capacity. FOH staff is back and working limited hours. We are limiting our seating to 100 (our capacity is 500) for films only. Watch our weekly newsletter for info on reopening for live shows. All of our FOH staff are now fully vacinnated and we are hoping that you'll do your part as well.
We do see a light at the end of the tunnel and now is the time to rejoice but also to continue wearing face coverings, and Stay Safe and Sane when you Leave Home. If we can all do that over the next few weeks and get vaccinated the sooner we can start building a better, more cultural future!
Updated Theatre Procedures
- Masks will be required for entry and at all times while in the building. Once seated in the auditorium, masks may only be removed while eating or drinking.
- Ticket purchases online are recommended. We have a new no-fee online ordering system in place.
- Please do not enter the Lincoln Theatre if you are experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
How We're Keeping You Safe:
- All staff and volunteers are temperature and health screened before every event; masks are worn for the duration of their shifts
- Physical distancing markers placed at our Concession Stand and Bar Area
- A traffice flow system is in place - just follow the arrows
- Removal of all self-service stations
- All Popcorn & Soda refills will be given a new container instead of using the original. Members now receive 10% off all concessions and merchandise instead of free refills
- Plexiglass dividers at all points of sale
- Reduced capacity and physicallly distanced seating in theater.’ The theater will seat a maximum of 100 patrons.
- Ushers present in the theater to assist with seating
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and restrooms
- Seats to be cleaned between each movie screening
Staff Work Projects already completed include:
- HVAC ventilation fully open 24/7 with new MERV filters
- 6 touchless hand sanitizing stations
- Seats clearly marked for physical distancing
- Carpets cleaned
- Walls washed
- All seat upholstery cleaned
- Draperies cleaned and hemmed
- Hardwood floor under and around seats cleaned, sanded, and stained
- Stage floor painted
Additionally, we've contracted with HKP Architects to design a better flow through our lobby, with our concessions moving to the adjacent space to the south where our box office currently occupies, and expanding our Women's Restroom. Box Office Tickets will be purchased from outside of the theatre, tradtional to historic theater practices. Moving concessions out of the lobby will also create additional space to expand our Women's restroom, which can develop long lines at a sold-out show. First draft of HKP renovation plans HERE.
Your health and safety are our top priorities when you visit the Lincoln. As we closely monitor the daily changes to the response of COVID-19 in Washington State, we will continue to keep you informed about what the Lincoln Theatre Center Foundation is doing to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and to prepare for a safe reopening. The Lincoln's staff have been working hard for months to ensure we can exceed the guidelines of the Governor's Safe Start Plan and the Skagit County Health Department to ensure we meet all of the requirements for reopening. In keeping with State and Local, and CinemaSafe.org guidelines, theater attendees will be required to maintain a 6 feet social distance between households and to wear facial coverings at all times when not eating and drinking. Online ordering of tickets and concessions will be available as well. We will continue to communicate with the local and state Health Departments, closely monitor our status, and continue to adjust to new guidelines as quickly as possible. As expansion continues, we will proceed cautiously and be ready for possible setbacks or spikes in infection rates, and takes appropriate action.
The Lincoln Theatre Center Foundation is facing a major financial loss as a result of COVID-19 related postponements and cancellations that could go on for months, and WE NEED YOUR HELP. Please think of your current situation and family first, but if you are able, please consider a tax-deductible gift to help support our mission through these challenging times. The CARES act provides new incentives for charitable giving. The law includes an above-the-line charitable deduction of up to $300 per taxpayer for Eligible Individuals that do Not Itemize. The above-the-line deduction will give nonprofit supporters who normally do not receive tax benefits, incentive to make gifts to their favorite causes this year. For itemizers: 100% of AGI Limit for Cash Contributions to Public and Private Charities! This provision is huge for charitable giving. This year, taxpayers may deduct gifts of cash regardless of whether given to a public charity or private foundation and deduct them up to their contribution base --100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI). Gifts of cash made to public charities are normally limited to 60% of AGI.
Please consider making a gift to help support our mission through these challenging times:
If you have tickets to upcoming shows, please keep them as they will be valid for rescheduled dates. For cancelled shows, our box office will reach out to ticket holders with options including theatre credit good for future performances and refunds.
• All performances of The Music Man (CANCELLED)
• Finding Home: A Foster Youth Story (RESCHEDULED DATE TBD)
• All upcoming broadcasts of The MET: Live in 2019/20 HD Season (CANCELLED)
• Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives April 15 (RESCHEDULED for 9/17/2021)
• Skagit Valley Drag Show - April 18 (RESCHEDULED for virtual livestream on 4/24/2021)
• Día del Niño - April 25 (POSTPONED until spring 2022)
• Lincoln Theatre's 94th Anniversary Silent Film - April 25 (POSTPONED until 2022 our 96th!)
• NT Live: Cyrano de Bergerac - April 26 (RESCHEDULED DATE TBD)
• Enormous: The Gorge Story - April 28 (RESCHEDULED for 2021 DATE TBD)
• Full Draw Film Tour 2020 - April 29 (RESCHEDULED for 2021 DATE TBD)
• Skagit Jazz Night Night - May 1 (RESCHEDULED for spring 2022)
• Good Lovelies - May 2 (RESCHEDULED for January 22, 2022)
• NT Live: The Welkin - June 7 (CANCELLED)
• Dudestock 2020 - June 27 (RESCHEDULED for June 22, 2021)
• Skagit Theatre Camp - (RESCHEDULED DATE TBD)
• BrewFest on the Skagit - (NEW DATE TBD)
• The MET: Live in 2020/21 HD Season (CANCELLED)
• CELTIC YULETIDE - (RESCHEDULED as a virtual concert)
Please consider the following choices for rescheduled or canceled performances:
• Credit towards a future performance
• Credit towards a Lincoln Theatre Membership
• Credit towards a Tax-Deductible Donation
• A full refund
THANK YOU in advance for your patience as our staff works to confirm rescheduled shows and inform patrons. Our box office is now open noon - 5:00pm Monday through Friday. The best way to reach us is via email@example.com or at our box office during open hours at 360.336.8955.
Our mission, being a community connected by culture, cannot happen in a vacuum. We're incredibly proud of the place the Lincoln Theatre Center Foundation holds within this community and our first priority will always be the health and safety of our staff, customers, artists, and volunteers.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Lincoln.
Executive Director, Lincoln Theatre Center Foundation
Be Safe – Be Kind – Stay Positive!