QUARANTINE CINEMA OFFERING
AVAILABLE STARTING DECEMBER 4
CROCK OF GOLD is the definitive documentary on musical icon Shane MacGowan, exploring the wild, roving life of Ireland’s most beloved punk poet—from his youth through to the success of the Pogues (“Fairytale of New York,” “Dirty Old Town”) and beyond, as told by Shane himself. Filmmaker Julien Temple dives deep into the life of Shane MacGowan, the tortured vocalist best known as the lead singer and songwriter of the Pogues, who famously combined traditional Irish music with the visceral energy of punk rock. Features unseen archival footage from the band and MacGowan's family, as well as animation from legendary illustrator Ralph Steadman.The virtual cinema version will include never-before-seen live footage not available elsewhere.
"TERRIFIC. In the upper echelon of recent rock docs. Makes a great, sober case for MacGowan as a real poet, an expat national statesman, and someone who might have changed ideas about how traditional music and rock can meld for all time." - Chris Willman, Variety
“A riotous piece of storytelling.” - Jonathan Romney, Screen International
Director: Julian Temple
UK | English | 2020 | Documentary, Music | 124 minutes | NR
Virtual Tickets: $12.00. 50% of the proceeds support the Lincoln Theatre!
HOW TO WATCH: TELEVISION (via APPLE TV, ROKU, CHROMECAST, or downloaded app on your smart TV) | MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android) | COMPUTER (by clicking on the streaming link).
For more information on how the rental works:
- Click the BUY TICKETS button above to purchase entry to our digital screening room.
- Create an account – it’s very easy! – and complete your purchase.
- For general help go to our Streaming Information Page HERE.
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, reach out directly streaming platform HERE.
- For other questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com