HOW DO I STREAM QUARANTINE CINEMA FILMS?
Virtual Cinema is a way to support the Lincoln and the independent film industry while theaters are closed across the county. Every new film we feature in our Quarantine Cinema will be available through the individual distributor’s website and streaming platform. Each distributor's virtual film website is a little different, but with a little time invested you'll be streaming like a teenager! A portion of each ticket sold will help support the Lincoln Theatre, film makers, and distributors. Links to every film's streaming FAQs are available on their respective page on our website.
Livestreams Concerts will be available on our YouTube channel at no cost with donations accepted. The Lincoln will split all donations 50/50 with the performers.
WHAT IS STREAMING?
Think of it as a virtual movie rental. You purchase a ticket online, and then view the film on your computer, or on your TV by connecting it to your computer, either with an HDMI cable or digitally (see below).
GENERAL STEPS TO STREAMING:
When you click on the "BUY TICKETS" button you’ll be taken to the streaming platform's website to purchase and watch the film
You will be sent an email after your purchase with a streaming link for the film.
All films will then be able to stream to your computer, phone, iPad, or television. The easiest way to get content from your computer to your TV screen is to “mirror” what’s on your computer to your TV with an HDMI cord. Simply connect your computer to your TV with the cord and you are set! Here are guides on how to connect using a Mac and if using a PC.
If your TV allows you to logon to the internet, you can navigate to your email account, and then play the film from the link sent to you by the distributor.
HOW DO I WATCH ON MY SMART TV?
Depending on the Smart TV you have, there are several options.
CHROMECAST (about $29 - Purchase options HERE)
You can cast a video from your computer or smart device (phone, iPad) using the following steps
- Open the movie on your device (computer or phone)
- At the bottom right of the screen you should see the casting icon.
- If you don’t see that icon and you’re casting from a computer in the Chrome browser, you can open the menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select “Cast”
- Once you select that button, it should give you the option to select a nearby device, so you’d then select your Chromecast. If you don’t see your Chromecast, make sure both devices are on the same wireless network
You can find more details on the Chromecast website.
APPLE TV ($70-$149 - Purchase options HERE)
You can do that using a method called AirPlay. Here is how to do it:
- Open the movie on your iPhone or iPad
- At the bottom right of the video window you should see the AirPlay icon.
- Once you tap the icon, select “Apple TV” from the list of devices
- If you don’t see your Airplay icon, make sure both devices are on the same wireless network.
You can also find these instructions and more information on the Apple website
ROKU ($29-$49 - Purchase options HERE)
You can cast a video from your computer or device (phone, iPad, etc.) using the following steps:
- Open the movie on your device
- At the bottom right of the screen you should see the casting icon.
- Once you select that button, it should give you the option to select a nearby device, so you’d then select your Roku/Chromecast.
- If you don’t see your Roku/Chromecast, make sure both devices are on the same wireless network. The channel should launch automatically and playback will begin!
You can also find these instructions and more information on the Roku website.
WATCHING FROM AN APP ON ROKU, APPLE TV, AMAZON FIRE, ETC.
Some Smart TVs will let you download Apps from distributors directly onto your smart TV – then you can sign in to the app and watch the film through the app.
Learn how to download particular apps for the following distributors (not all) we are partnering with for our Virtual Screening Rooms:
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A BILLING/VIEWING PROBLEM?
Technical questions should be first directed to the support team for the streaming platform, generally by following the Help or Support link on the screening room page. If you are unable to view a film please request a refund directly through their Help page.
If are dissatisfied with their assistance, or you have any other questions, please reach out to us and we will be happy to get on the phone with you to resolve your issue.
(Thank you to our sister cinemas, the Pickford, Rose and Moviehouse for their assistance with this page.)
FULL LIST OF ALL TITLES (FILMS WITH LINKS ARE STILL AVAILABLE TO STREAM):
- OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS beginning April 2
- WOJNAROWICZ beginning March 19
- TEST PATTERN beginning March 12
- F.T.A. beginning March 12
- HEARTWORN HIGHWAYS beginning March 12
- FIVE beginning March 8
- STRAY beginning March 5
- CITY HALL beginning February 12
- SWEDED FILM FESTIVAL FOR CREATIVE RE-CREATIONS beginning February 12
- TWO OF US beginning February 5
- M.C. ESCHER: JOURNEY TO INFINITY beginning February 5
- A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX beginning February 5
- SOFTIE beginning January 29
- 76 DAYS beginning January 22
- SOME KIND OF HEAVEN beginning January 15
- THE REASON I JUMP beginning Janurary 8
- ASSASINS beginning December 11
- CROCK OF GOLD: A FEW ROUNDS WITH SHANE MCGOWEN beginning December 4
- THE CHANGIN' TIMES OF IKE WHITE beginning December 4
- ZAPPA beginning November 27
- COLLECTIVE beginning November 20
- DOC NYC beginning November 11
- JIMMY CARTER: ROCK AND ROLL PRESIDENT beginning November 6
- HARRY CHAPIN: WHEN IN DOUBT, DO SOMETHING beginning November 6
- THE DONUT KING beginning November 6
- WHITE RIOT beginning October 16
- MEETING THE BEATLES IN INDIA beginning October 16
- THIS IS NOT A MOVIE beginning October 16
- THE PLANTERS beginning October 16
- DOSED beginning October 9
- ONCE UPON A RIVER beginning October 2
- 12 HOUR SHIFT beginning October 2 (ENDS JANUARY 8)
- RGB beginning Septembr 25
- NATIVE SON beginning September 25
- OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE beginning September 25
- THE DISRUPTED beginning September 25
- ALONE beginning September 18 (ENDS ON JANUARY 8)
- BLACKBIRD beginning September 18
- CHUCK BERRY beginning September 18
- MY PRINCE EDWARD beginning September 4
- EPICENTRO beginning August 28
- REPRESENT beginning August 21
- DESERT ONE beginning August 21
- COUP 53 beginning August 19
- JAZZ ON A SUMMER'S DAY beginning August 14
- YOU NEVER HAD IT - AN EVENING WITH BUKOWSKI beginning August 7
- CREEM: AMERICA’S ONLY ROCK ‘N’ ROLL MAGAZINE beginning August 7
- OUT STEALING HORSES beginning August 7
- BLOODY NOSE, EMPTY POCKETS beginning July 31
- LAKE MICHIGAN MONSTER on July 31 only
- GORDON LIGHTFOOT: IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND beginning July 22
- BE NATURAL: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché beginning July 22
- THE FIGHT opening July 31
- CHILDREN OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS beginning July 22
- iT'S A DISASTER on July 17 only
- WE ARE LITTLE ZOMBIES beginning July 10
- GUEST OF HONOUR beginning July 10
- JOHN LEWIS: GOOD TROUBLE beginning July 3
- MY DARLING VIVIAN beginning July 3
- DENISE HO: BECOMING THE SONG beginning July 1
- PETEY WHITESTRAW on June 26 only
- A REGUALR WOMAN beginning June 26
- QUARANTINE CAT FILM FESTIVAL beginning June 19
- RUNNER beginning June 19
- PROUD beginning June 19
- MR. TOPAZE beginning June 12
- MICHAEL beginning June 12
- VICTOR AND VICTORIA beginning June 12
- MADCHEN IN UNIFORM beginning June 12
- YOU DON'T NOMI beginning June 12
- 1 ANGRY BLACK MAN beginning June 5
- I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO beginning June 5
- WHOSE STREETS beginning June 5
- TONI MORRISON THE PIECES I AM beginning June 5
- SHIRLEY beginning June 5
- BLACKFISH beginning May 29
- THE PAINTER AND THE THEIF beginning May 29
- THE GHOST OF PETER SELLERS beginning May 22
- DIANE KENNEDY: NOTHING FANCY beginning May 22
- THE BOOKSELLERS beginning May 22
- DEERSKIN beginning May 22
- REGGAE BOYZ beginning May 22
- LIFE ITSELF beginning May 22
- DRIVEWAYS beginning May 15
- RGB beginning May 15
- UP FROM THE STREETS beginning May 15
- SPACESHIP EARTH beginning May 8
- CAPITAL IN THE TWENTYFIRST CENTURY beginning May 8
- NYICFF KIDS FLICKS beginning May 6
- THE DOG DOC beginning May 1
- BEST OF CAT VIDEO FEST beginning April 22
- OTHER MUSIC beginning April 22
- EXTRA ORDINARY beginning April 17
- FANTASTIC FUNGI beginning April 15
- THE WHISTLERS beginning April 10
- SLAY THE DRAGON beginning April 10
- SAINT FRANCES beginning April 3
- ONCE WERE BROTHERS: ROBBIE ROBERTSON AND THE BAND beginning April 3
- THE WOMAN WHO LOVES GIRAFFES beginning April 3
- DONA FLOR AND HER TWO HUSBANDS beginning April 2
- BACURAU beginning April 2
- CORPUS CHRISTI beginning April 2